Big Change Coming To Site Content

I'm about to make a change to this site that is probably several years overdue.

One of the things I love about tap profiles is telling the story of the tap and the brewery behind it. I think that makes this site very unique.

Unfortunately, it is also slowing me down, and has been for quite some time.

It takes a long time to research the history of the brewery, pull all the information in and edit it, and cite all my sources. It's a big reason why the number of posts has diminished greatly over the past several years. The end result is that I can't get much content posted, and if I don't do something about it, there's lots of great taps people are never going to see here.

So I've made the decision to stop posting brewery history on tap profiles...at least for now. We'll call it a "pause" instead. I'm approaching retirement soon, and depending on the impact that has to my free time, I may be able to work the brewery history back in. Also, any time I partner with a brewery to get their tap on the site, I will do a write up on that brewery's history as part of the partnership.

It's not a great solution...I know some readers really enjoy those brewery profiles. However, I'd like to see how this goes and how it is received overall. If feedback dictates it, I'll resume the brewery profiles. For now, I'll add an additional line item stating the status of the brewery as "Current" or "Closed".

Let's see what happens...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.