Tap Handle #100: Sprecher - Black Bavarian

Wow, we've made it to tap handle #100 in just two months...that first Beer Wolf tap post seems like ages ago! For tap #100, I have something special to present. As far as I know, this is an extremely rare collector's item. Most Sprecher taps look similar to the one I posted about in Tap Handle #31, with the wings spread up. This tap has the wings pulled back, which hide a clever on/off switch. Turning the switch on lights up the LEDs in the eyes, as I've demonstrated in my photo. The wings actually come off to allow access to the battery compartment.

Sprecher Black Bavarian is an intensely dark Schwarzbier of the Kulmbacher style, with the distinctive flavor and aroma of caramel, chocolate, and coffee (like a porter but not as sweet). Weighted average on ratebeer.com is 3.72 out of 5.

For more about Sprecher, see this post.

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.