The Museum Turns 11 Years old, Part 3: Amazing Tap Handles Awards

Last year, in my anniversary posts, I featured the second annual Amazing Tap Handles Awards, in which the Tap of the Year went to Straight to Ale's Monkeynaut. The previous year's Tap of the Year went to Heavy Metal Brewing. This year's third annual Awards required one of the following: the tap had either made a first appearance in social media, or was first available for sale (through the brewery or on the secondary market), in 2022. I made a list of taps that I know of that fit that criteria... although, as in previous years, I'm certain there are taps out there that I'm unaware of.

This year I've done away with categories. Instead, I will award 9 medals among all potential entries: 3 Bronze medals, 3 Silver medals, and 3 Gold medals, with 1 of the 3 Gold medals awarded the overall "Tap of the Year" category - otherwise known as "Best In Show". There were some tough choices this year, as I felt each of the Bronze and Silver winners could have gone the next medal higher, and for the top tap this year, all 3 Gold medalists were very worthy of claiming that honor. Here are the winners for 2022:


Bronze - Fireball Seattle Kraken


Bronze - Xul


Bronze - Devil's Backbone Juicy Magic IPA


Silver - Keys Meads Viking Woman & Kraken


Silver - Lost Coast Peanut Butter Milk Stout


Silver - Cisco Grey Lady v2


Gold - Robinsons Trooper Sun & Steel



Gold - Conyngham


Gold - Smokin' Iguana




Tap of the Year

Conyngham


Congratulations to Conynham Brewing for their Tap of the Year Award! That concludes the anniversary posts for this year. Stay tuned for a very big tap giveaway announcement soon...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.