Tap Handle #197: Hook & Ladder - Backdraft Brown Ale

There are two versions of this tap; I prefer this one, as the other version only says "Hook & Ladder" and does not have a label with "Backdraft Brown" on it.

Backdraft Brown is a brown ale that uses specialty malts to give it a roasted taste, a hint of chocolate, a nutty aroma, and brown color. Cascade hops provide balance. Recommended food pairings are roast pork, smoked sausage, grilled salmon, and aged Gouda. Weighted average on ratebeer.com is 2.96 out of 5.

For more about Hook & Ladder, see this post.

Comments

  1. I've seen this tap handle go for a large sum of money. I thought about picking one up myself, but was afraid one of the neighborhood dogs might leave me some "Backdraft Brown" next to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and here's a "Head's Up" for ya -

    I've got a girlfriend...(well, she's a girl, and she's my friend)...that works for A.Busch.

    ShockTop has a new beer variant out called END OF THE WORLD (probably for a limited time ONLY,LOL!)

    Anyhoo, there are NONE on Ebay yet, but she SHOWED me a picture of the "End Of The World" tap handle !

    There are probably very few of them made, but they look COOL AS HELL ! Typical "Wedge-Head Character with Shades" on top, but the "post" of the handle is FLAMES !

    I would imagine once these tap handles hit Ebay, they're gonna go FAST, and be COSTLY !

    Read these ingredients - I'm guessing once someone drinks THIS, it will also be "End Of The COMMODE !!!"

    http://beerstreetjournal.com/shock-top-brews-with-chili-for-end-of-the-world/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heff, you crack me up! Put out a Thirsty Dog "Old Leg Humper" and they'll leave your Backdraft Brown alone...

    Thanks for the heads up on the End of the World Shock Top. You know I'm going to have to have one, right? As far as the chili, wow, those are some harsh ingredients...anyone that eats that is going to need fire-proof toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.