Tap Handle #199: Anheuser-Busch - Margaritaville Lone Palm Ale

There's nothing really fancy about this tap - it's just a palm tree with a small sign - although it has a nice paint job. I actually wanted this one for the novelty. You see, Lone Palm Ale is served in Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurants. And I ate at a Margaritaville restaurant in Orlando, where I observed this tap at the bar. Since it brings back memories of my trip, I had to have it. Some versions have the Margaritaville slogan, as seen below, but don't say the name of the ale, Lone Palm. Since it is only sold in Margaritaville restaurants, these are pretty rare finds.


Lone Palm is an amber ale brewed by Anheuser-Busch at their St. Louis brewery for the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville restaurant chain, like the Landshark brand. Unlike Landshark, however, Lone Palm does not have it's own website. Weighted average on ratebeer.com is 2.63 out of 5.

No website as stated above, but you can find out more about the Margaritaville restaurant chain here.

Comments

  1. I like the paint job on the one in the first picture best. Never had that beer, but I've had MORE THAN MY SHARE of Landshark, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heff, first Shock Top End of the World taps are up. It's only the 8" version and I'd like to get a 12" tap, so I'm going to wait:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Top-End-of-the-World-Midnight-Wheat-8-25-Tap-Knob-Marker-New-in-Box-/160903826206?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25769d8b1e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the notice !! I need to waste more money on these damned things, lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just talked to my "Bud Girl" - End Of The World IS a TEMPORARY brew. I imagine the price on these Handles will go APESHIT after the beer is no longer available, but I'm gonna hold out for 12 inches, too (oh, yesth!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heff, 12" version of end of the world is now up:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Top-End-of-the-World-Midnight-Wheat-12-Tap-Knob-Marker-New-in-Box-/150932163150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2324420a4e

    Free shipping is good, but I'm going to wait to see if the price drops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think it will after a few months but with the tap handle crack down from A-B dist miller/coors dist and Ben e Keth dist on there workers selling them on the black market I think sooner then later all handles will be hard to get brand new I know down here in Texas a few dist have hired a group to look online for just that all day long and have fired a few people selling online there trying hard to keep all that stuff under lock and key....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.