The Museum Turns One Year Old, Part 1: Stats

This is the first in a 3 part series remarking the one year anniversary of the Museum's blog...

One year ago today I started this blog. It's been quite an endeavor, I think: 200 tap handles listed, a couple of brewery visits, and some lucky breaks in acquiring taps have fueled the Museum. When I started this, I had about 105 taps from over 10 years of collecting; in the last year that total has jumped to 250 taps! Let's take a look at some blog statistics to see how it's fairing. Has anyone (besides Heff) noticed?

Total Pageviews: 10,940
Analysis: That's not bad for the first year of a blog that I don't promote in any way! August was the biggest month with 1617 views.

Most Viewed Posts: #105 Angry Orchard (630 views); #132 Dogfish Head (158); #75 Shock Top (111)
Analysis: I can understand Angry Orchard because it looks amazing. And the Dogfish Head is really rare. But Shock Top is really common, I'm not sure why it's so popular...must be the beer.

Top referring site: Google image search
Analysis: This is a result of not promoting the blog. Most people find there way here by clicking on images of beer taps in Google image search. I'll be updating to Goggle+, as well as visiting places to promote the blog, and see if that makes a difference.

Audience: U.S. (9039 views); Russia (684), Canada (176)
Analysis: The U.S. cements its reputation as a beer-drinking country. I was also surprised to see Russia far ahead of Canada. One final note: with 3 billion people, either China doesn't drink much beer, or their government filters out beer-related internet searches...

Browsers: Safari (2795); Internet Explorer (2694); Chrome (2178)
Analysis: Safari does not include mobile Safari stats, so Mac-based Safari is the most frequently used browser when visitors hit the site. I use Chrome myself...I used to love Firefox, but it has become slow, as well as being a memory hog.

OS: Windows: (6356); iPhone (1726); Mac (1223)
Analysis: This contradicts the previous stat, showing that PC users are the most frequent. Why the disparity? Well, PC users run several different browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and even Safari), while Macs pretty exclusively run Safari. So while Safari is the single most used browser, PCs are far more prevalent, they're just split over more varieties of browsers.

And there you have it. In another year we'll see if the stats have changed at all.

In Part 2, I'll talk about the future of the Museum and my acquisitions...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.