Tap Handle #281: Coronado - Orange Avenue Wit

I've always liked the Coronado mermaid taps. From photos I saw, I thought she was a little homely - my photo shows this too. I think it has to do with the angle that the picture is taken at, because in person I was surprised to see that she's quite attractive. I've seen 2 other versions, a blond (Blonde) and a redhead (Mermaid's Red). These mermaid taps predate the Coronado Hotel tap. Don't be fooled by a generic knock-off that's floating around - the real mermaid tap has the label at the base and the variety of the beer is also printed on the wooden pier. As you can see, the label doesn't match the name on the pier on my tap, but that's okay - they didn't make a mermaid tap for every variety, so they had to sticker some of them differently. I'm going to profile the original Orange Avenue variety on the pier instead of the Pale Ale on the label. Simply a beautiful tap!

Orange Avenue is a California style Belgian white. It is brewed with wheat, coriander, California orange peel and local orange blossom honey, and has subtle flavors of bread, spice, citrus and a thirst quenching orange honey finish. Weighted average on ratebeer.com is 3.03 out of 5.

For more about Coronado, see this post.

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.