AMAZING TAP HANDLES!!!

About This Site

Welcome to Amazing Tap Handles - The Tap Handle Museum. Here you will find photos of the Museum's collection of beer taps, along with brewery info. Have a look around the Museum, and use the contact form in sidebar to leave me feedback about the site, talk about taps, or if you have a rare tap handle you'd like to sell to the Museum. I'd love to hear from you! Please, no inquires about buying taps - they're not for sale.

Copyright Legalities

Photos or tap descriptions used in this blog may not be misrepresented as your own. Photos may not be used for financial gain whatsoever, as the uniqueness of the photo would unfairly associate a seller's product and reputation with this site. Tap descriptions may be used word for word as long as this blog is cited as the source, and a link is provided to this site.

Brewery history may not be used for any reason without citing the blog post or original source from which it was taken, and providing a link to such.

Failure to follow the guidelines above is a violation of Copyright Law, which protects original works of ownership.

Tap Handle Blog Simple Search

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Museum Turns Two Years Old, Part 2

In this second post marking the two year anniversary of the Museum, I'll talk about the future of the Museum - what my goals are, new features you might see, and promotional efforts.

I have some lofty goals for this coming year. I may not be able to complete them all, but I'm going to give it a shot. The following is a list of things I'd to accomplish:
  • Continue to grow the site. While the current number of page views aren't bad for a hobby blog that doesn't get posted to daily, those numbers could be better. I tripled them in one year; for the next year, I'd like to triple them again (at a minimum).
  • Maintain, or increase, the amount of taps purchased. This will largely be dependent upon my financial situation, but I have a feeling that will turn around this next year.
  • Improved photography. I'd like to take high resolution photos of taps, from multiple angles, with a more professional look. This will be quite an undertaking, as I would need to re-photograph all existing taps.
Moving on, I'm targeting certain features that I'd like to add to the Museum.
  • The first feature I'm going to tackle is an expansion of the Links section - I'll be removing the tap handle list and adding links to other great breweriana blogs.
  • Second, if I can turn the financials around, I'd like to do some kind of contest or giveaways of excess taps that I acquire (some would even be specifically bought for this purpose).
  • Adding a graphic for each tap that contains a rarity rating.
  • Finally, I may be updating the overall appearance of the site to make it more readable and user-friendly.
I think the Museum has a pretty bright future. I hope you'll stick around to see how it shakes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment