Beer Blog Profiles #2: 50 States of Beer

In my next segment of introducing you to blogs that provide great reading material, I've focused on 50 States of Beer. Brian has done some great work here, profiling beers from every state while providing a few nuggets of information about the state itself. Several of the beers he has covered have taps profiled right here at Amazing Tap Handles (he gives me a shoutout on a couple of them).

It should be noted what a fun, fascinating, and difficult project that must have been. Not drinking the beers - that part was easy. No, I'm talking about obtaining a beer representing each state (which due to lingering Prohibition-era laws and limited distribution can be tricky), especially when Brian lives in New England, far away from the Western states. He also had to take time to research the facts he provided, as well as write up the entire experience. And he did this in the order the states were admitted to the Union. Well done!

So head on over to 50 States of Beer and check out all of Brian's hard work. My favorites are Oregon and Washington (because I live in that area), but it's fascinating to read about beer as it relates to the other states. I'm not sure what Brian has planned now that he's covered all 50 states, but I'm looking forward to what happens next...


Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.