The Museum Turns 4 Years Old, Part 1: Site Statistics

It's time for me to take a break from tap profiles and focus on the annual celebration of the creation of this site. This year the Museum is 4 years old, and while I won't have as many bells and whistles as last year's epic blowout, I have some interesting updates to the numbers, a couple of announcements for new features, and a proposal for my readers.

So, on to the numbers...


First a look at the number of taps posted:


Thoughts: This number continues to trend downward, and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it was the beautiful weather and record temperatures we had in Portland all year that kept me outside instead of on the computer, or perhaps it was the passing of close relatives and friends. It might even be the 1500 mile roadtrip that involved multiple failures of epic proportions. If it wasn't for a late October push this would have looked much worse. But hey, that's still a lot of posts and photos, an average of one post every 4 days.


Next is the # of breweries profiled:


Thoughts: this is more disappointing than the previous graph. It is mostly due to the difficulty in acquiring rare and scarce taps that require new profiles to be written. I'll be aiming for a higher number next year, and I will also track the number of re-writes of the profiles in older posts.


Now let's have a look at tap acquisitions:


Thoughts: now that's a pretty impressive number! I acquired almost the same amount of taps as I did the previous year, despite wanting to focus on high end taps. Let's hope I set a new record this coming year.


Finally, the numbers for site traffic:


Thoughts: wow, that's amazing! The site is definitely headed in the right direction, so a big thank you to all of my visitors for contributing to the site's popularity.


In Part 2 we'll take a look at individual tap statistics...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.