Tap Handle #703: Parallel 49 - Jerkface 9000

Tap size:  10.25"
Rarity:  less than 10 seen
Mounting:  internal 3/8" nut

Jerkface 9000 is full of disagreeable character and is kind of creepy looking with his clown-like red hair, bulging eyes, grinning teeth, suspenders and bowtie, with his left thumb pointing at his chest. It is probably my third favorite Parallel 49 tap behind Schadenfreude and Gypsy Tears. I had to know where the name Jerkface 9000 came from, and what the inspiration for this crazy character was. As I did with the Schadenfreude tap, I turned to Steve Kitchen of Combination 13, who is the artist and designer of all of Parallel 49's labels, characters and taps. Steve provided the following response to my questions:

"Jerkface 9000 was derived from insults thrown around the brewery circa 2013...any insult with ‘9000' added was deemed too powerful to retort to, just so much extra. For the Jerkface artwork I tried to draw the most obnoxious looking guy I could think of."

In that context, there is nothing that can top a Jerkface when it is a Jerkface 9000! Many thanks to Steve for graciously answering my questions.

Like other Parallel 49 taps, this has rarely hit the secondary market and has commanded prices of $300+ when it does. I never thought I'd own one, and I'm incredibly thrilled to add it to the Museum's collection.

For more about Parallel 49 Brewing, see this post.

Click through to read more about Parallel 49's Jerkface 9000 Northwest Wheat Ale and to see more photos of this insufferable tap...




"Hey you! Yeah... I'm talking to you, buddy. How about you grab a bottle of this Mosaic hopped American wheat beer and cram it down your pie hole. Did I hurt your feelings? Too friggin' bad. When it's this good, you ain't gotta be nice about it."


Parallel 49's Jerface 9000 is an easy drinking American wheat ale dry hopped with Mosaic Hops. Juicy citrus, tropical, and floral hop notes sit atop a light grainy malt base giving the beer a very flavorful hop punch with a light refreshing body.


Ratebeer:  3.4 out of 5
Beer Advocate:  3.89 out of 5 (very good)




















Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.