The Museum Turns 7 Years Old, Part 3: Top 10 Taps Acquired This Year

Although my number of acquisitions were at an all-time low for the Museum this year, I loved the quality of the taps I acquired, and I thought it would be great to share these taps with my readers when you wouldn't see them otherwise for years. I've already profiled many great new acquisitions this past year, such as River Mile 38, Down the Road, Narrows, Sterling Pig, Swilled Dog, Eastern Shore, Snake Bite, Outer Light, Queen City, Andrews, Next Level, and multiple Parallel 49 taps. Since those taps have already appeared on the site, in this post I'm going to focus on taps that have not been profiled yet. Click through to see the taps, which have been presented in no particular order...



#1: Cherry Creek Ciders - Dancing Elephants

Cider taps are some of the most creative I've seen, and I really love this elephant in a tutu dancing in a barrel of apples.












#2: Red Truck - Limited

Gas pumps make great tap handles. They look especially good in mancaves. This is an extremely rare tap that a collectors club member helped me obtain.












#3: Canton Brewing

This tap was acquired for me by a good friend and is quite spectacular. An American Indian depicted on the tap, is holding a round orb and standing on a hop. The tap has some weight to it, as it is made of some kind of heavy metal.












#4: Jack Daniels - Amber Lager

Despite the brief run at brewing made by Jack Daniels, multiple styles of taps were produced. This style is one of my favorites. I've been trying to get one for a few years and finally achieved success.











#5: Black Bottle - Scuba Steve

This colorful tap gets its inspiration from the Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy. Lots of little great details can be seen the more you study the tap.












#6: Brickworks Cider House - Batch 1904

Another awesome cider tap, this one hails from Toronto. There are several fragile features on all sides, so finding one in good condition is a real challenge.












#7: Avviato - Pinot Grigio

As a wine tap, this one can be very hard to find. One cool feature is that the headlight actually lights up.












#8: Bogota Brewing

I love classic trucks! This would look great sitting next to the Red Truck gas pump shown above. It is pretty hard to find as the brewery is located in Bogota, Columbia.











#9: Wynkoop - Tut's Royal Gold

I didn't have time to go through my storage boxes and dig out this tap for a photo, so I'm using a Google image. I've always been infatuated with Egyptian artifacts, so I was really happy to acquire this tap, which I had missed getting on multiple occasions. The beer was created by Wynkoop when the King Tut exhibit came through Denver.









#10: Troegs - Mad Elf
Like the Wynkoop Tut's above, here's another tap I didn't time to go through boxes and find it in order to complete this post in a timely manner. And also like the Wynkoop Tut's, this is one I tried to obtain for a long time but it always remained elusive until this year. In person, it is everything I hoped it would be, and I especially like the cherries thrown over the Mad Elf's shoulder like Santa's sack.







That takes care of my list of top 10 acquisitions this year. In Part 4 I'll preview some upcoming tap profiles. After that will be the Tap Giveaway contest.

Comments

  1. Do you have an idea if the value of the Jack Daniel’s amber lager tap handle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the right buyer I'd estimate the Jack Daniels Amber Lager to be between $300-$400, but it's hard to tell in the current economic climate. $250 is pretty reasonable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.