Announcement: The Amazing Tap Handles Store and Site Update

You may have noticed the site looks a bit different. The previous theme is one that I custom built, but it was badly outdated, and the features in the sidebar didn't work on a mobile layout, which of course these days is a popular way to access the internet. The lack of a sidebar feature on mobile viewing made it hard to contact me or look for specific posts. The new site has a cleaner look and is more mobile friendly...you can access any of the sidebar features through the "3 bars" style menu in the upper left corner when viewing the mobile site.

Speaking of the sidebar, you will find a new section that refers to the Amazing Tap Handles Store. This will soon be a link that takes you to a Square store, in which I'm selling my excess tap handles, and possibly some pieces of the Museum's collection. This will be coming by the end of February or beginning of March.

Why have I started a store? To be honest, my health has not been great, I'm not getting any younger, and the medical bills are adding up. Additionally, I have far too many tap handles. I have been thinking about doing this for several months, with the intention of putting them on eBay. However, thanks to eBay's new seller requirements, they want each seller's photo ID and Social Security Number. I'm not giving them my ID and SSN, so I'm opening my own store. The store will securely accept credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay, and no personal or financial data of the buyer's is saved. If a buyer wants to use Paypal instead of one of the above options, they will need to contact me directly for invoicing. I will have another follow up post when the store is ready to go.

Comments

  1. I'll probably use PayPal as I too am reluctant to use credit cards or give out info....stay healthy, look forward to seeing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the store.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.