Tap Handle #33: Michelob - Sun Dog (Hop Hound) Amber Wheat

A whimsical tap that seems more like summer than spring due to the sunglasses and shorts. I guess I'm just used to cold Northwest springs.

Introduced in 2008 by Michelob for Anheuser-Busch, Sun Dog replaced Spring Heat Spiced Wheat, which went to year-round status. Brewed in Anheuser-Busch's Fort Collins, Colorado brewery, Sun Dog is an American amber wheat. Weighted average on ratebeer.com is 2.49 out of 5, and more than one reviewer refers to the smell as "puked-up bananas." Yummy.

Note: Sun Dog has been renamed to Hop Hound Amber Wheat. The taps are identical except for the name on the label. In fact, I sold my Sun Dog, which was a little beat up, because I received a brand new Hop Hound.

Michelob's Hop Hound Webpage

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.