Tap Handle #153: Lost Coast - Alleycat Amber Ale

The detail on this tap is fantastic, and I love the foam mustache and the eyepatch. What a fantastic tap!

My Dad was returning to Washington from Palm Springs and he stopped at the Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka. After sampling one of their brews, he asked about tap handles. He picked out the Alleycat tap handle for me. While he was admiring it, a gentleman at the table behind him spoke up and asked him if he liked the tap. When my Dad replied that he did, the gentleman admitted to being the artist.

"Would you sign it?" asked my Dad.

"I will if you buy me a beer," the gentleman replied.

"What would you like?"

"8 Ball!" came the reply.

So my Dad bought me an Alleycat tap handle, and had it signed by the artist, Duane Flatmo.

Alleycat Amber Ale is made with roasted caramel malt and a sprightly cascade of hops. Weighted average on ratebeer.com is 3.26 out of 5.

For more about Lost Coast Brewery, see this post.

For more about artist Duane Flatmo, visit Duane Flatmo's Official Website.

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.