The Museum Turns One Year Old, Part 2: The Future of the Museum

This is the second part of a two series remarking the one year anniversary of the Museum...

The current collection is right about at 250 tap handles. I've been questioning as to whether or not I should let the collection get over 300 taps. I'm pretty sure I don't have room to display all of them, and it sucks to leave them in boxes. But I've become quite addicted to acquiring them, and every so often I find a rare one that I've never seen before.

If I do limit the collection size to 300, I may have to sell more to make room for ones that I like better. But I've slowed down the acquisitions quite a bit, and I'll worry about going past 300 taps if and when I get there.

I also have a few brewery trips planned for next year: I'd like to see the insides of the Rogue and Pelican breweries that I've posted about. I'd also like to check out Bridgeport and Widmer here in Portland, and Pyramid, Red Hook, and Elysian (I've been to Red Hook but didn't take any pictures).

Also during the next year I'll have to work on how to organize my taps. It should be *fun* trying to figure out how I'm going to display these....

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.