The Museum Turns Two Years Old, Part 1


This is the first in a 2 part series marking the two year anniversary of the Museum...

A little over one year ago, I created a post celebrating the one year anniversary of this Museum. This post celebrates the two year anniversary, and is a gauge to see how the Museum is currently doing by comparing it to the first year results. This time I'll throw in some fancy charts and graphs instead of listing a bunch of mind-numbing numbers. Let's dig into some data to see how the Museum has fared...



Although I wasn't as prolific in year two as I was in year one, I think I've spent a lot more time on writing the brewery profile portion of posts. Year 1 saw many more taps from the same brewery, meaning I could post much more quickly since I didn't have to write as many profiles...for example, there were 12 Coors posts in the first year, but I only had to write a brewery profile in one of those posts, which means the other 11 taps were posted very rapidly. For year two, I still managed to post a tap about every three days, which I think is pretty good.



As you can see, I've still been pretty prolific in acquiring taps. This is actually quite surprising as financial issues have definitely had an impact this year. I think the difference is that I backed off on acquiring high-end taps and focused on affordability.



Site traffic has exploded, tripling in just one year as more and more people find their way to the Museum. November of 2012 was the biggest month with 6246 pageviews, when the Museum was featured on reddit.com.


Overall site traffic shows a nice upwards trend. Although October looks down, there's still over a week left in the month to count views.



Audience: U.S. (40793 views); Russia (2109), Canada (947). The darker the green on the map, the more traffic from that country. Not much has changed here since last year, other than the U.S. has far outdistanced all other countries combined.

In Part 2, I'll talk about the future of the Museum - what my goals are, new features you might see, and promotional efforts.

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.