Tap Handle #500: Lucette - Slow Hand American Stout

Tap size: 10"
Rarity:  Scarce
Mounting:  internal 3/8" nut

Every 100 posts of profiles, I would speculate whether or not my insanity for acquisitions and posts would continue to reach the next 100 tap milestone. Well, here we are at tap profile #500, and I have almost enough taps to reach 700 now, so it looks like the madness will continue for some time. I believe 500 tap profiles is quite an accomplishment, so I thought something special should be chosen for post #500. Therefore, I'm presenting to you the Slow Hand tap handle from Lucette Brewing. This is a tap that was #2 on my wishlist when I started the blog back in 2011, and it moved up to #1 after I got the Dogfish Head Steampunk in 2012. It has been a long 3 years, but I finally got my hands on one, and it was worth the wait, surpassing my expectations. This is one of the most beautiful taps I've seen, and it belongs on my "cream of the crop" list. The pretty girl pictured is "Lucette", who I talked about in my profile of Lucette's Easy Rider in post #127. The photos need no description and speak for themselves. The tap is incredibly rare; I've only seen one other on the secondary market, and it sold for a huge price. I feel fortunate to have added one to the Museum's collection.

For more about Lucette Brewing, see this post.

Click through to read more about Lucette's Slow Hand and to see more photos of this gorgeous tap...

Slow Hand is an American Stout full of scents reminiscent of roasted coffee and dark chocolate. It is black in color and has flavors of roasted malts with rich chocolate. The hop prescence is low, only enough to balance the big malt characteristics. Slow Hand has a creamy mouthfeel that finishes with a medium sweetness.


Ratebeer weighted average:  3.38 out of 5
Beer Advocate:  88 out of 100 (very good) 






















Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.