The Museum Turns 7 Years Old, Part 1: Summary and Statistics

At this time time of year, every year, I like to write anniversary posts to celebrate the founding of the Museum and this blog. This first post takes a brief look at the past year and what I hope to accomplish over the next year, plus site statistics.

Click through to read more...

It seems unbelievable that 7 years have gone by since I started up this concept. 706 profiles, 12 tap giveaways, and a collector's club later, I'm proud of what I've accomplished. I've met some truly great brewery people and collectors, made amazing new tap discoveries, and have gotten to write a lot of words about something that started as a hobby but has turned into much more. It's been fun to watch friends and even complete strangers show great interest when I introduce them to the site.

Associate Editor Shawn came on board to help manage the social media accounts, and started posting about his passion for Ohio taps this past year. I'm sure he has some great material in mind to post about in the near future.

Although my statistics show a better overall performance than last year, it was not as good as I had hoped for. The two biggest obstacles have simply been free time and restrictive internet access. My camera lens dying didn't help things either. However, I have a new camera lens, and it appears my internet access issues have been resolved. I'm cautiously optimistic that the numbers will improve again this coming year.

Moving on to site statistics, let's take a look at taps profiled for the year:


The number of taps profiled this year was better than last year, but only at about half of my traditional output. I'll continue to work on bringing this number back up - I'm setting my goal for this next year at 80 profiles.



The number of new brewery profiles I wrote was also better than last year but again about half of where I'd like it to be. I'll try harder to bring this number up as well - the goal for new brewery profiles for this next year is 50.



This is one metric that I don't mind if it drops a bit, and it did. The larger the collection gets, the harder it is for me to obtain taps I don't have. Considering that I have almost 1300 unique taps now, I have years of material to write posts about. I would expect this number to drop again next year.



This is a statistic that boggles my mind. Despite two years in a row of less profiles, the site has now exceeded half a million page views! Thanks very much to all of you who have helped to make this a popular destination.

This year I'll be doing things slightly different. Part Two will still feature individual tap statistics. I'm also adding Part Three, in which I will share my top ten taps I acquired this past year, and Part Four will feature a sneak peek into which taps are next in the queue to be profiled. I'll also be bringing back a tap giveaway contest!

Stay tuned for Part Two, Individual Tap Statistics, coming soon...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.