The Museum Turns 7 Years Old, Part 4: Upcoming Tap Profiles

A couple of years ago I added a new feature that was essentially a sneak peak of upcoming profiles. Although some of those profiles still haven't made an appearance due to various reasons, I felt that the topic was worth revisiting. So click through to find out the top 10 profiles I hope to get on the site over the next year...
Original Joe's - Light: Although this isn't my favorite Original Joe's tap (that would be Haus Frau), this one's a close second. Original Joe's is a brewpub in Canada, and it can
be pretty tough to find one of these...or any Original Joe's tap, for that matter.

Hatuey: This is a carry-over from a couple of years ago. There's lots of great history behind this tap, including a tie to the Bacardi family, that makes it a great Museum profile. Also it's very scarce. And it's very heavy, too.

New Amsterdam: Another carry-over, and like Hatuey, this tap has some great history behind it, since the New Amsterdam brewery is long gone. And like Rogue's Statue of Liberty, this tap features an iconic American landmark, The Empire State Building.




Wildrose: The last carry-over from 2 years ago, this tap features skulls and sculpted roses, with a leather-wrapped handle. They are now quite scarce.

J.T. Whitney's - Badger Red Ale: I love this tap, and I think you'll love it too. J. T. Whitney's brewpub has a sad story that ended with the owner briefly going to jail for forgery in an attempt to save the brewery.

Wicked Weed - Freak of Nature: At the time that I first acquired this tap, it was very hard to find. Now they pop up regularly on the secondary market. It's still pretty awesome despite the availability.



Buoy: These taps are solid metal, made at a fabrication place near me in Oregon. My profile of the tap will be followed by a post about my trip to the brewery, which is also in Oregon.

Lake of the Woods - Forgotten Lake: Another Canadian tap, this one from Kenora, Ontario. Although their Sultana tap is probably my favorite, I really like this one too.

Legend: My friend Jeff was kind enough to send this tap my way. The awesome part: the tap is a unicorn horn! The brewery has been around since 1994.





Cobra: This is a scarce tap that is rarely seen anymore. Much of that is due to the fact that when the owners split up, one of them kept Cobra Brewing but re-branded the business as Old Town Brewhouse, so Cobra Brewing no longer exists.










That takes care of Part 4 of the anniversary posts. The tap handle giveaway contest will commence soon!

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.