Tap Handle #731: South Beach - Sail Ale

Tap size:  13.25"
Rarity:  less than 10 seen, nanobrewery, fragile
Mounting:  internal 3/8" nut

This is the fourth and final tap from South Beach Brewing that I will be profiling. I can't really tell you much about about it, because I can't find a reference to it or a corresponding beer on South Beach's website...the box that it came in calls it "Sail Ale" but that name isn't found on the tap anywhere. I suspect that it might be used for the brewery's experimental beers brewed in-house at the nanobrewery, as opposed to their core beers which are brewed by a contract brewer. I wanted it because it's nautical and completes the set of South Beach taps. It features a wooden sailboat with what I assume is an artistic rendering of the sun near the top of the sails. The boat sits on waves, which in turn are on top of the brewery logo (Frank Sunatra). The word "ALE" appears as raised letters on both the front and back of the sails, as well as on a banner that appears at the top of the sail on the back side. The boat has port holes that only appear on the front side. It's a great nautical themed tap, and if I learn more about it in the future I will provide an update. As of the time of this post, I have not seen this tap on the secondary market.

Click through to see more photos of this intrepid tap...


























Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.