The Museum Turns 8 Years Old, Part 1: Summary and Statistics

Another year, another set of anniversary posts to celebrate the founding of the Museum and this blog. This first post takes a brief look at the past year and what I hope to accomplish over the next year, plus site statistics.

Click through to read more...
As each year goes by, the challenge of keeping these profiles going gets more difficult. My experience and seniority level at work equates to more demands on my time, and I haven't had any vacation time since April. I've also spent the last 2 years helping my mother through personal, life-changing issues. Construction on the physical museum and maintaining the property also consumes time. The good news is I have 4 weeks off coming up, so hopefully I will get Year Nine's metrics off to a good start.


Moving on to site statistics, let's take a look at taps profiled for the year:


This really bothers me. Two years ago was the lowest amount of profiles since I started, but this year was worse - if it wasn't for a late push it would have been very disappointing. The good news is that the bar is set low and that number should be easy to top. My goal for next year will be between the 40 posts in Year 7 and the 94 posts in Year 4.


Initial posts written for breweries/brewpubs/restaurants:



This is the only redeeming number this year...the number of initial profiles (as opposed to profiles of taps that have already had a brewery profile in the past), requiring a lot more work, were at least equal to last year.


Taps acquired:


This number really surprised me. I thought I had cut back on purchases, but it turns out I nearly tied the 5th highest purchase year, and acquired more than the previous year. It's crazy to think that by next year I will be over 1500 taps!


Site page views:


There is defintely some tapering off and momentum being lost due to the lack of posts. Hopefully interest will pick up if the amount of profiles increases.


In my next post I'll take a look at individual tap statistics...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.