The Museum Turns 9 Years Old, Part 1: Site Summary and Statistics

Another year, another set of anniversary posts to celebrate the founding of the Museum and this blog. This first post takes a brief look at the past year, a few thoughts about the upcoming year, and site statistics.

Click through to read more...
I had even less time to work on posts than last year. Despite the impact of COVID-19, my job is even more demanding than in previous years. Unfortunately that's not going to change any time soon, so I'll keep plugging along the best I can. COVID is certainly making its presence felt in the industry. It's hard to get taps from breweries that are furloughed, struggling financially, or experiencing other difficulties. Let's move on to site statistics...

Taps Profiled For The Year


It's not great news. There's definitely a trend emerging here, as the 30 posts from this year are in line with two of the past three years. Not the 40+ profiles I was hoping to accomplish. Maybe this next year the numbers will improve.


Initial Posts Written For Breweries/Brewpubs/Restaurants


This year was not great for initial profiles (as opposed to profiles of taps that have already had a brewery profile in the past), which require a lot more work to research and organize into a coherent story. This is another victim of a lack of time.


Taps Acquired


Purchases have finally started trending down, it just took longer than I thought. It's a combination of being pickier about what I buy, not enough time to look for them, and finding that I already have a lot of what's out there. With the amount of breweries that are out there, I'm sure that there are certainly lots of taps I don't have...but that doesn't mean they are available. I am well over 1500 taps, and I have thought about thinning out the collection a bit, so it's unlikely I'll get to 1600. But you never know!


Site Page Views


A slight decline continues in Page Views, although the number is now over 650,000. This is my own fault - obviously the more posts you create, the more views you'll get. But that number still has me shaking my head, I never could have imagined that when I started. And I'm only 2 posts shy of 900...that's a lot of posting!


In my next post I'll take a look at individual tap statistics...

Comments

Subscribe

Enjoy this site? Never miss out on future posts by following this blog.